Monday, March 9, 2009

Weekend Clean-Up

Okay, this weekend was CRAZY busy!! I had Lauren and Danielle sick with colds and that was hard, especially baby because she doesn't like taking naps when she is sick. But that did lend itself to being able to run a lot of errands because she does LOVE sleeping in the car when she isn't feeling well. So that is what we did. I found a great lamp that was originally $45 for $19.99. I love those deals. It was for my little nook, but I decided to go with the red theme and change the lamp, but kept my sale one for my room!
Along with that I decided with the weather warming up to upper 70's and mid 80's it was time to go through and take out the winter clothes and put up the summer clothes. Emma always loves that because it is like getting new clothes for her. Hunter and Lauren get new because they are the oldest first for boy and girl...



Here is Emma in front of 7 of the boxes, what you don't see are the other 3 on the other side of the crib. That is Madeline Joy's new bed and bedding. It is from Pottery Barn and I got it from my neighbor for $20 the whole set, and the crib is from them as well, matches our other one, and that for $50 for the mattress and all! Great deals from neighbors.

Here is my beautiful nook. I am so happy with the way that it turned out and the extra personality it gives the house. I finished the cushion this weekend and though not perfect it works. Now I can sew, work on the computer, write and the kids have a small space as well.

That's the finished cushion, the picture doesn't do it justice, but it turned out nice and it is soft and cushy.



This is what happens when boys roll up their pants and forget to unroll them when they come in from playing! So you all with boys understand that neatness sometimes falls by the wayside. :) I told him that I am now hemming up those pants whether he wants me to or not.


This cap is hand made by a friend of mine. She sells them for $10. I couldn't resist getting one for D- she loves wearing it in the summer and it covers the back of her neck too which is important out here in Arizona. She was trying it on after finding it in the boxes. It was way too cute to pass up a picture!


So that was our weekend. And now I am hanging up summer clothes and putting boxes back out in the garage. I also am making two special gifts for two beautiful pregnant women in my life. We are having a threesome shower on the 28th of this month. (Sorry Himilce and Marie I won't be telling or showing until after you get it.:))
As for the Lord's insight, I have to say I feel awful because this weekend was so busy that it seems God took the back burner which I really didn't like. So here I am, going to sit outside after lunch and make up for lost "quiet time." And enjoy being in His unbelieveable presence.
This is our Monday!


3 comments:

Marie said...

Wow Katheryn, what a wonderfully busy weekend! I love to hear about the beautiful crib you got for so cheap! And I love little Danielle's bonnet, Oh my goodness is she so cute in it! I love the chair by the way! It looks beautiful! I hope your monday is blessed!

Elizabeth said...

Whew! That was busy!! All the pictures were great. The baby hat, chair and nook. I can't wait to see what you are cooking up for Marie and Himilce! :) See ya soon

New Mom said...

The table looks awesome! I've been working on one for about 6 months! Hehe! Hopefully I'll complete it this week. What a steal on the crib and bedding!

Post a Comment

Background