Monday, March 2, 2009

Happy Birthday...

It is my beloved husband's 42nd birthday today! So I worked hard adding many special touches to dinner and dessert.

This was my cake, a vanilla cake.

This was my berry compote that was going to go in between and on top of my birthday cake.
But let me tell you, I made this cake 3x today and each time it didn't turn out. Literally, it got stuck in the pan no matter how much Pam or parchment paper I used, so I gave up. Though it tasted good, the thing was uglier than all get up, so I went to Cold Stone and got a Peanut Butter Cake instead. (He LOVES Reese's Peanut Butter cups.)



His gift was a new T.V. Sounds extravagant, but I saved and my wonderful mom donated some birthday money as well and he got a new T.V. Mind you we had our other one since we moved in together and he had it for years prior to that, so overall that T.V. was 19 years old. So it wasn't anything fancy. He is very happy with the new T.V. and enjoys watching all movies.
This weekend we will just have family over for a get together and enjoy each other. Some pulled pork sandwiches, coleslaw, chips, and another cake (not ice cream, I think Costco.)
Dinner tonight will be home made lasagna, garlic bread, salad, and the ice cream cake.
Well I guess I should make the garlic bread and salad before he gets home. The kids made hand made cards and they are all over the table. Have a great night.




























1 comments:

Elizabeth said...

What a fun birthday :) that cake looked delicious Katheryn. What a pain it wouldn't come out of the pan!!!! And that berry sauce!!!!!!!!!!! :)Everything sounds wonderful and I bet Brett had a wonderful day! Tell him happy birthday from us!

Post a Comment

Background