Friday, March 20, 2009

My Busy Week

This is my back patio now with my old kitchen table set. We have been looking for patio furniture but it is so expensive, so with a new table cloth, we can finally sit outside and enjoy the Arizona sunsets. (and they are worth it).


Well, this week has been extremely busy and has taught me even more. I drove up to Phoenix on Thursday because my darling mom decided that we will need a bigger table to host our soon to be 5 children and perhaps have some extra room for guests. :)




So this was my kitchen table before. It has been a great table and with us for over 8 years!



This is our kitchen table after. I love all the different chairs and eht ecclecticness of it. It is rather larger and so that takes a bit getting used to. But it is really nice and I am so excited it all worked out the way that it did.





Along with that project, I finally finished the girls room. There are some nick nack things I need to purchase to fill some gaps on the wall and I would love to find a dainty desk that I can paint white to match. I love thrift hunting...


So here is the canopy I bought and then put a chalk board over it, they can unhook the canopy to drape around like a tent. I am hoping to find a couple big floor pillows for them to sit on.



Good bye to pink and white stripes and hello brown. I really like the transformation, it turned out great and I don't have to worry about the dirty walls.



This is what their beds look like against the brown. I love it. They are too cute!




My remedy for the shoe shelf was to get rid of many shoes that weren't worn and let everyone keep 3 pairs, (fun pair, church pair, and play pair). I think it worked out just fine.


So what projects do I have next, well touching up some baseboards of walls I painted a bit ago. Painting seems so soothing to me. So off I go to rest and put the little one down for a nap and hopefully get a little rest myself. I hope you all enjoy the blessings of the weekend.




2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I love the girls room Katheryn! :) The brown looks great.

Marie said...

What a great job you did Katheryn! I love the color you chose! I beds are so adorable, I'm sorry I have been away so long, i just read up on all your last posts! The goats are so sweet, I love their little home. They look so happy.

Post a Comment

Background