Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Just Life For Us...

Just another day, we decided that our kids would love to be swimmers. And they agreed. So we took them last night to try out for competitive swimming. They need a few lessons and then should be on the team no problem! We are so excited and today will be a day of getting some goggles and swim gear.

Here is Lauren paddling across the 25 yard pool.
Hunter and Lauren with another little boy trying out and listening to the coach's direction.

Here is Hunter swimming across, you don't see the swim board.



I have been still working on my chair for the table. It has taken a little longer as life has been very busy, but I just got done with the first sanding and hope to do a second later today and be ready to stain tomorrow. Then I just have to assemble the seat. I love picking out fabric. I think I will pick a chili pepper red to accent the rest of the house.


Gotta love those legs. The neat thing I am discovering is that these pieces of furniture really don't use screws and such, but are pieced together as a puzzle with pegs.

First sanding done. I can't wait to finish it.
I was reading this morning in my Bible and discoverd some wonderful "nuggets" that jumped out to me and I have to share them.
Heb. 13:15-16
"...let us continually offer to God a sacrifice of praise - the furit of the lips that confess his name. And do not forget to do good and to share with others, for with such sacrifices God is pleased."
I really enjoyed this verse because how easy it is to praise God when things are going well, but what about the days when I want to crawl into the fetal position in bed and hide? If the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, gentleness, goodness, and faith. But the fruit of the lips is praise. To praise God, praise our children, our husbands and others. To continue to encourage and edify always. To do good and share. Share ourselves with others. I think the greatest gift we can give to one another is transparancy. The fact that we are real and to share our lives, our testimony, our fruit with others. Believers or not.
"Of one hundred men, one will read the Bible; the ninety-nine will read the Christian."
Dwight L. Moody

I love this verse because it is true, aren't we read by others moreso than all the teaching and preaching that can be done. Our actions speak so much louder than our words. Our actions as godly people, striving to live holy lives is what leads others to Christ not our words or how we dress or what we listen to or eat or don't. It isn't a list of do's and don'ts that win the world over, but what we do that wins the world over. This verse this morning spoke to me immensly.
The other verse that really spoke to me was:
Heb. 13:20-21
"...that Great Shepherd of the sheep would equip you with everything good for doing his will and may he work in us what is pleasing to him."
I think sometimes as Christians we are blamed for much and we blame ourselves for much. Women compare themselves, their children, and husbands, lives, etc. Life can be, for some, a life of comparison. I found such freedom in this verse, that I can't do it all on my own, I need Christ. I can't be holy as he is holy without help. And the great thing is he will lead me to do his good will and please him in the way he wants as long as my heart is soft and able to be led by his promptings. I think it is hard to do God's bidding if we are hardened to him, but if we strive for our relationship with him to be close and sweet, aren't we more inclined to do his will without even trying. I love that.
Have a beautiful day resting in the Lord.





1 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Hey Katheryn! I have been trying to leave comments this last week, but for some reason it wont let me! UGH its very frustrating........

:)

The book sounds very good, I think that is a great thing for the kids starting up competitive swimming! :) Sorry about this being so behind! Hopefully I won't have any other problems.

Post a Comment

Background