Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Strawberry Day and More...

I love strawberries, though it seems the kids beat me to them and I hardly get a bit of one before they are gone. This time I think I beat them.

Delicious strawberry compote, good for yogurt, waffles, pancakes, and ice cream...
Strawberry muffins cooling....now those were so good! I used my large muffin tins to make them an extra special treat.

Playing around, who needs boxes for moving when you can ride in them like a car.


Emma and Danielle. They sure do love each other. Emma is such a wonderful big sister.
Here is my muffin recipe, just in case you get a hankering...
(You can use any berries you would like.)
Preheat 400
1/2 cup of softened butter
1 cup of sugar (I used 1/2 c. more if the berries aren't as sweet)
2 large eggs
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 tsp almond extract ( I didn't use it and they turned out great)
3 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup of milk
1 pint of fresh berries (I like to use a little more...:))
2 cups of all purpose flour
Beat butter, sugar, eggs, milk, vanilla, almond, and baking powder until creamy. Add in flour and salt until well combined, then gently fold in your berries. Put in muffin tins and top with streusel topping. (following)
Bake for 20 min or until golden brown and cool on rack immediately.
Streusel Topping
1/2 cup sugar
1/3 cup flour
1/4 butter, softened
Mix together with a fork or pastry blender.
These made about 6 large muffins or 12 regular muffins. They are really delicious and easy. Emma is always the one who helps and she loves it!




2 comments:

Marie said...

Thanks for the recipe! I love the pictures of the little ones! So cute and they are getting so big!!

New Mom said...

Oooh thanks! I made strawberry muffins a few weeks ago and they were YUCKY! I'll try this recipe next time.

Post a Comment

Background