Monday, March 29, 2010

Isolationism, Fear and Addiction

Well, this is a heavy topic, but one that my heart has been led to talk about. Mainly because it is just now that I feel comfortable with where I am at, where the Lord has taken me and how he has taken me there.

My goal has always been to be a great mom. Not just the kind that stays home with here kids, but the kind that interacts, loves and kisses her kids. I want to encourage them, disciple them, train them, etc. But I will share with you what keeps me from all of that.

My computer, my emails, my facebook, my blog. Other things are more important and get in the way. Other things make my heart more selfish and long more for "me" time then for the important things...my children.

I have known this about myself for a long time. So long in fact that the Lord really spoke to my heart many times before about my problem. You see having a large family is great, full of so much fun and surprises, but it also can lead to, for me, fear of being alone. I am a huge people person, so my fear is not having people around me. Besides my children.

So how does my title play into where the Lord is leading me right now...well, when you are a people person and have a little one who nurses and is on a tight schedule come the evening not really allowing me too much time, you fall into a rountine that usually involves the same thing and you can't do much outside of that. When you have little ones who are sick and you miss a few weekends at church, where your family is, you feel a little isolated when you come back. The fear of the unknown.

That one is big. You see we are at a crossroads. The Lord has showed us that we are missing blessings because of the debt we have over our heads. So we are cutting back, I mean really cutting back. To the point of no land line, no internet, and many others. I don't mind it because I know that in the end we are following the Lord's promptings. We can then enjoy the Lord's blessing because we are doing what He has asked of us. But there is fear of not knowing what to do, so much is being taken away, so there is fear.

My addiction to the computer has also brought up the fear and isolationism. You fall into a rut of doing the same thing, you fall into a rut of just going through the motions. The fear of finances. I don't want that fear anymore and am willing to sacrifice all my creature comforts for us to successfully get out of that debt. It may take a few years, but it will be well worth it in the end!

I am excited to see where the Lord is leading us. It won't be easy, but I do see a light at the end of the tunnel, I see the silver lining and it is so much more beautiful without the burdens.

Don't worry I will give warning before I just disconnect.

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Ohhhh, even though I COMPLETELY understand; I still will miss you!!! But I am being pure selfish! I loved what you said about the burden of debt. I think God is teaching all his children this truth. Benjamin and I have been pursuing this as well and it has given me such a sense of freedom.

I told you over on my blog and I will tell you again we love you so much and I love reading all your comments. They constantly bring a smile to my face.

Yeshua Faith said...

Oh, how good it is that you shared this! There are so many who would not be willing to "do what it takes" to get out of debt! And there are some who would not share what you've shared, here, dear lady in The Lord! ;o)
I know The Lord will walk beside you, will carry you, will help & deliver you, and will see you through all this, dearie! ;o)
Hold on to Him tightly!
He is Jehovah Shammah, The Lord Who is "there!" (for you & with you)
He is JHVH Jireh, which I just re-learned means "The Lord Jehovah Who sees. He sees us where we are and provides what we need. ;o)
He is JHVH Shalom, The Lord Who is our Peace (so much more than our word "peace" in English!). ;o)
He is JHVH Rophe, The Lord Who healeth thee (continually). ;o) Praise His Name!
And He is our Redeemer, Deliverer, and our Compassionate, Best Friend and "Understanding!" Amazing and Awesome is He!
The miracle worker!
He will be there for you & care for you, as El Shaddai, dear lady!
Just keep resting in Him, in His Love for you, from which nothing can separate you! -- Romans 8:1-39 (especially v. 28-39)

your friend, Kathy in TN

Post a Comment

Background