Monday, April 5, 2010

Priorities

Not quite sure if I am going to give up my blog. I love sharing much of who I am. I am not perfect and I like showing that to people...just in case you think otherwise. :) We are for sure going to get rid of our internet and phone at home. Life is changing drastically at our home.

We are in debt, it isn't a happy place to be and the burden is much to bear. So with that, we are going to sacrifice in every little area that doesn't matter and then pay off our debt. So, perhaps what I will do is chronicle what we are doing. Giving you the truth and nothing but the truth and the nitty gritty, so that way, if you are challenged or convicted you can maybe glean from our past mistakes.

Our first big thing is we no longer have our credit cards...they are gone...all of them. We have sat down and looked at our bills and have seen where most of our money went...oops that is my fault, eating out, Starbucks and Target. (Who doesn't love Target.) So we now know where to cut back, we haven't gone out to eat since we put our bills in order, though over the weekend, Bret and I did go on a date. We did eat out, though it was happy hour at our favorite restaraunt, so that helped a great deal.

I will chronicle our credit cards and the debt we owe on my next post. But for now, the first step was for us to get rid of all the little things...phone, internet, cable/dish, weight watchers online, Onstar, internet on hubby's cell phone, lowered our minutes, lowered anything that we paid for monthly that was excess. It has been amazing that we saved over $200/month just on that alone! We also have really put a tight reign on our groceries and have a set budget...

So here we are. The next post just might be at the library, or hubby's computer at work when I visit him. Praise the Lord I can type fast. :)

God bless.

1 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I know Target is my weakness too! :) I am so happy you are keeping your blog! I hope you can find a peaceful moment at the library to post :) Much love sweet Katheryn!

Post a Comment

Background