Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Sewing 101

I LOVE sewing. I wish I could spend all day doing it, but unfortunately, life beckons me and I don't have as much time as I would like. However, as one seamstress want to be, I would like to share with you one of my secrets to sewing well. Besides actually sewing, but youtube.com. I will say that has been amazing. Type in what you are looking for and boom, there is a small video to show you how. I have been making the girls matching dresses for our upcoming cruise and I learned to gather stitch right there on the computer. I watched, when went out and did it and have mastered it. Amazing!! You can learn many different things on youtube.com. So besides wasting time watching silly videos, you can learn a new skill. I am all about the new skills. Especially if my husband and family benefit.
So as one mama at home to another mama, try it, you can learn so much and then teach your children. If you are careful enough you could even have your younger girls watch and it can be for home ec... The possibilities are endless.
Blessings.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Background