Monday, March 15, 2010

Vacation Update

Okay, so this post may not be exciting, but our vacation was not fun at all. Well, maybe just dinner, where I got to sit and eat delicious meals and have coffee with my dessert every night!! So here is the short version:

Day 1 - Bret got food poisoning, throwing up. Finally got on boat, and he got quarantined because they didn't want it to spread.

Day 2 - Bret was confined to room, he was so sleepy from all the meds that he missed most of the day and I just bought him food. 5pm he was able to join us for dinner.

Day 3 - 5:15am Lauren throwing up. At this point I have seen my share of vomit. :) She slept most of the day and ate a little bit.

Day 4 - Lauren feeling a little better, but really tired. We went off to a port and enjoyed a cold, windy day on the beach, by the night she was still feeling sick.

Day 5 - Lauren still sick, cried out to the Lord and he answered, she had motion sickness, so we got her some bands and within 20 min was feeling better.

Day 6 - Hunter got sick. He slept most of the day eating a little.

Day 7 - Hunter still sick, took some motion sickness pills and slept all day, not eating too much.

Day 8 - We left the ship, everyone feeling okay, a 10 hour drive home and finally we are here.

Today has been a very slow day getting back into our routine. I think that is the hardest part. The Lord is showing me much. It is hard working on your faults and then being shown all your faults constantly. But I am willing to work at it and learn, I just hope I learn it soon. It has been 9 days of throwing up from someone and the whining is a little much for me personally. So we will see where the Lord will take me. For now I am trying to find joy in my season right now and focusing on all the things that I am thankful for. There is much, praise the Lord. My thankful list is much longer than my griping list.

This week I will post pictures of the cruise and I will also be sharing some of my favorite recipes, including my bread recipe...mmm. We love making our home made bread and it turns out delicious every time. So check back. Blessings to you all.

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

O I am so sorry that almost all of you got sick!!! I was picturing you all happily enjoying the sunshine and water, so it makes me sad that you were mostly indoors nursing your family. I am very glad you are all home and healthy and I cannot wait to see pictures of your homemade bread and of course the recipe! I am a little afraid to make homemade bread. I have never attempted it. So please tempt me with your pictures! LOL :) Love you and miss you!

Pam said...

Oh my goodness Katheryn, that is so sad about everyone being so sick. I agree with Elizabeth, I was imagining you guys having a great trip. Hope everyone is feeling better now.

Post a Comment

Background