Friday, February 6, 2009

Rebuild

Have you ever felt like you were away from God? You once had a wonderful relationship, guided completely by His arms. And then, little by little it all slipped away. That is where I am at. Rebuilding my relationship with God. You see at one time, before my pregnancy, I was right there, walking hand in hand. Then tiredness, morning sickness, business, and life all got in the way. It was so easy to say tomorrow, in the morning, later, I will spend time with you. But it seems that as each day passed it was harder and harder to do. I remember the relationship and all the wonderful, joyful moments each day, being held by my Savior. And now I feel like an outsider looking in, wishing it was me. I remember how to get there, but why is it so hard? So this weekend my goal is to rebuild my relationship with the Lord. I am ever so thankful for His love and faithfulness because I know He has not left me. Just left me to myself to figure it out. So, if you are like me, and have let a the most important relationship you have, slip away, commit yourself to rebuilding. I don't think either of us will be sorry for the time we invest. Have a blessed weekend.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am with you Katheryn! I will purpose to rebuild THIS weekend as well!

Celi said...

Kathery, Thank you for this. For some time now I felt my relationship was stagnant then stale, now bitter. Like a warm meal left out too long...way too long. I, too, see myself peering through that window with a tear in my eye wanting Jesus to hold me again under the crook of His arm. I miss Him terribly. And it is so simple to return to Him isn't it? So why is it so complicated too?

Post a Comment

Background