Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Mom's


I try really hard each day to focus on the cross and my motherly duties that God has asked me to do. But to be honest, some days are harder than others as between, school, chores, cooking, bickering, and such, things get lost and forgotten.
But as I was reading my Bible yesterday morning in 1 Thessalonians, I came across a beautiful verse that I never noticed before I read. Isn't that great how God's Word is alive!
1 Thess. 1:3
"...work produced by faith, your labor prompted by love, and your endurance inspired by hope in our Lord Jesus Christ."
As a mom isn't that what we do. We work out of faith, we labor for love and endure because of our hope in Jesus. All of this stems from Jesus and our hearts being knit with His, to do His will each day, no matter what that may be. Remember that we were all called to do different things in God's Kingdom, some of us to be great politicians, missionaries, have many children, have none, take care of the animals, or anything else we can think of. But we are all GREAT in the Kingdom of God, so let us also remember to esteem others better than ourselves.
This verse is on a 3x5 card where I carry it around so that I will remember my focus. So if you read your Bible and some thing jumps out remember to write it down, carry it around, our Heavenly Father is talking to your heart.
God bless.

4 comments:

New Mom said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
New Mom said...

Hi Kathryn, I'm so glad you took up blogging again! I'm sorry I couldn't call you over Christmas-- I didn't have your number, Pam was in Phoenix, and your Mom in the Amazon, so no one to call for it! Anyway, I was catching up on your blog-- beautiful roses, delicious-looking desserts, and a sweet baby girl! You are blessed! I haven't been away, just haven't had much time to blog and quite frankly, I was feeling overwhelmed by my other responsibilities and blogging just seemed like another one to add to the list!

I'm not sure if Richard and Kathy are doing the Easter Country Club thing again this year, but if they do, I look forward to seeing you then-- if not before!

Marie said...

Beautiful Verse Katherine! I read your blog at just the right time :) Very encouraging for me and a sweet reminder also! Thanks for sharing!

Elizabeth said...

Great post Katheryn :) I love the verse, nice way to start my monday.

Post a Comment

Background