Monday, February 9, 2009

85% of Non-Believers Believe Christians Are Hypocrites


I did spend some extra time with the Lord this weekend and it was wonderful. Reading in my Bible about true Christianity and worship of God and what that means. Then going to church and hearing my pastor talk that 85% of non-believers feel that Christians are hypocrites.


Wow!


When I heard that number I was astounded, yet understand. I am a Christian and many times confused by us. There are so many that take it so far and make it into a list of rules and regulations, do's and dont's, that many are turned off. Heck I have been turned off a time or two myself, confused, lost myself, and left wondering, am I really a Christian? Life has been hairy for me during my days as a believer. Trying so hard to fit in, realizing I don't and then wondering where am I in all this. Who am I in all this.


There are many families who wear certain clothes, listen to certain music, whose children behave in a certain way, and though I have tried to become that, and want that, I realized, that is not who Christ is in me or my family. To have the freedom to be me in Christ is something I have had to learn all over again. It hasn't been easy, letting go of pre-conceived notions and wanting to badly to "fit in."


In the process though, the Lord has truly shown me who in all this truly loves me for me...God does. You see people disappoint you, people love you and call you when you are "in." But when you step out...that is when you see who loves you...God, my Father, truly loves me no matter where I am at. He appreciates that I am not like everyone else, that I dress a certain way, that I am creative, expressive, love music, love to sing, cook, clean, homeschool, eat (mmmmm), and so many other things. He relishes in the creativity of His people, because as He made the earth with so much color and creativity, He also made us with so much color and creativity.


Don't let other Christians stifle you, but shine for Jesus, because He is the author and perfector of your life and mine.


Be free in Him.

1 comments:

Marie said...

Great Post Katherine!! I love to hear what you have to say! Thanks so much for sharing!

I am so happy that you are able to post again! I've missed reading up on you guys! I know life gets heckedick so don't worry about making a post every day. I find I feel really guilty when I haven't posted in a while but I have to remember that I'm posting for me and thats it! You go at your own pace :) I feel sometimes my blog becomes a burden to me when I can't keep it up. I don't want you to feel that way because your writing down so many memories with your little ones and that time won't ever come back. So go at your own pace and don't let blogging become a burden! I love you all so much and I am so excited to read all about your happy and cozy family! And, I really want to see those animals :)

Post a Comment

Background