Monday, April 13, 2009

Sick Day


A few days ago Danielle came down with what I thought was just allergies or even cutting teeth, but, today has been an awfully miserable day for her. She is so sick and after going to the doctor's we find it is nothing more than a really bad cold. The best part (or not), there isn't anything we can really give her to relieve her symptoms. So here we are. She has just fallen asleep on the couch after wanting to be held the entire day! I don't mind she is as sweet as can be.
So I gave her a bath in eucalyptus oil to help sooth her passages, well, she started falling asleep because she was so tired. I quickly took her out, dried her off where she feel asleep in my arms. I gently laid her on the couch with a nice fluffy pillow and she has been there since. I am so thankful for her sleeping, not to get things done, but because I can see how much she really needed it.
It is 2 days before we leave for our anniversary and my heart is a little anxious because I don't want to leave nana with a sick little one. So we are praying for a quick recovery.
Nothing else has been too exciting. The Lord is doing amazing things and showing me so much. One thing for me is just enjoying each personality he has given me in the kids. They are all so different, and they are all so funny. I always tell Bret that we are all made in the image of God, well God is pretty fun and has quite a sense of humor. It really makes me smile at my kids.
Our Easter was so wonderful, and I am thankful for our Lord and all He has done in our lives. We are so blessed.
I pray that your Monday is not a sick day, but that you rest in the arms of the Lord, casting all your cares on him.

1 comments:

Marie said...

I hope little Danielle gets better Katheryn! I loved holding her at the shower, I didn't want to let go of her she was so precious! I wish you and Brett and wonderful Anniversary! God Bless

Post a Comment

Background