Friday, April 10, 2009

Life at Home

This pregnancy has been great. My mom left on Wednesday and I was able to get 2 steroid shots, blood work and visit my doctor. Along with that of course the graciousness of church family and friends and the meals that they have provided so that I can have one less thing to worry about has really humbled me. I am so blessed and so undeserving.
We have hit the 7 month mark and we are so excited. The clothes have been washed, the crib is up, the bassinet right next to the bed. We are ready for our little bundle.
God has been so good to me.
I finished a wonderful book called "Following God With All Your Heart" by Elizabeth George. It was so encouraging. So if you need a new book to read I highly recommend this one. Now I have started "Family Driven Faith" by Voddie Baucham Jr. I will let you know how that one is, but considering last night I read the first chapter, it was very moving!
Life in our home has been pretty chaotic and hectic. Just getting back into a routine, which I have kind of put by the wayside because Bret and I are leaving on Wednesday to go out of town for our anniversary. So there will be more chaos. I figured we will do the best we can with our next two weeks and move on.
I have had plenty of time to catch up on computer work, which means we did some school work for the kids, organized some checklists for the kids and myself. Basically chores and things I would like to have done each day, but sometimes get lost in the days. So this way we can all stay on track each day. I even did a checklist for myself of things I desire to get done in a day, these are just my own priorities that God has placed on my heart. So now we all have a little list to keep us on task.
I desire nothing more than to be a godly mother and wife and to run my home in such a way. To show the love of Jesus each day to the kids and all those God puts in my life. We are learning so much.
Well with all that said, today is the day that Jesus died for me and my sins and for so many others. The kids and I have a little project that we are going to work on and hopefully get some pics. I hope you all enjoy your Resurection Sunday!
God Bless.

1 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Lovely post :) Are you guys going to San Diego for your Anniversary? That will be great for you both and (baby) :)

Happy Easter to you as well!

Post a Comment

Background