Monday, April 6, 2009



Psalm 84:11
"For the Lord God is a sun and shield; the Lord bestows favor and honor; no good thing does he withhold from those whose walk is blameless."

This is the verse I found this morning that just touched my heart. Living in Arizona we are so blessed by the sunshine. I love it. The warmth the way it radiates, the way it warms up the colors and makes them a little more brighter, how it makes things grow and bloom.

That is God with us, he warms us, makes us brigther, grows us and blooms us. He is also our shield, our protector. The One we go to in our times of need.

I don't know about you, but sometimes I feel so unworthy with all my many blessings. The way I feel that God has favored me. Honor for me is a very big word bestowed on those who have earned it and I don't feel that I am there yet. Honor seems reserved for those who are higher up on the ladder...somewhere I am not.

His goodness has been poured out on me. I feel each day and know that He is present, holding me , guiding me. I hardly feel that my walk is blameless because I have so much yet to learn, but I sure feel His goodness each day.

This verse just made my heart feel warm and my mind is renewed and focused on Him.


Bed rest isn't easy for a controlling perfectionist like myself. My darling handled the kids and the weekend like a trooper. He was amazing. I love him so much.

I stayed in bed and actually accomplished so much for school and schedules and chores. Even typed out a Bible study for the kids. With laptop next to me and printer on a small table I was able to do all the things that I have been wanting to, but couldn't find the time. The kids were in the room with me wrestling and dancing. That was a hoot. The girls bought my makeup bag and we sat on the bed and did a beauty parlor. Wow, do they have amazing eyelashes. :)

Movies seem to have been a staple here for the past few days just to help with keeping little ones distracted with what is going on. And to give daddy a small rest. They just know the doctor said for mom to stay in bed.

So we were pretty quiet this weekend and so grateful for my mom coming down to help out till we know what the doctor says. We have a wonderful homeschool and church family that are planning to bring meals to help out and I am this morning searching for a house cleaner for a few months till everything settles down. I feel so blessed and humbled by everyone's desire to serve. It is amazing.

So I will post later what the plan is and what the doctor says. God is so good. Hope everyone has a wonderful blessed day.

1 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I am glad everything seems to be going well why you are in bed. Tell Brett he is such a great dad and husband.

I hope things will get a little easier for you all.

Much love!

Post a Comment

Background