Monday, February 7, 2011

Sewing Fun

A fun elastic waist skirt.


I really love sewing. So I have made it a point this year to learn new sewing skills and sew more! I have been having a lot of fun. I will be making a purchase of 2 new patterns, one a bag that I want to use as a diaper bag and the other a cute dress for the girls. So this one skirt is for Emma and I am hoping to make one for Lauren. I am wanting to get a cute white shirt and then use the polka dot fabric as a bow or flower on the white shirt for embellishing. I will let you know how the whole outfit turns out.

So my challenge is this, remember your passions and do them. I think it is great for kids to see our own passions and perhaps they will develop them for themselves as passion. Creativity is wonderful and to use it for your family and others is such a blessing. Plus a good release. So find your creative niche and go for it.

2 comments:

Faith said...

Adorable! I love sewing, but didn't really do it much until my oldest was 3ish. I'm so glad I do it regularly now. I agree - it is a good release.

Marie said...

So sweet, Love what you said about your creativity. I so completely agree. Also it is so satisfying to produce what is itching to come out!!

Thanks for sharing Katheryn
Love
~ Marie

Post a Comment

Background