Tuesday, February 1, 2011

A "down" computer...


Technology is wonderful. But tell me what happens when you have a delicious hot cup of coffee, a 19 month old who loves to explore and a chair that wasn't pushed in when you left the desk with the laptop and coffee together.

You get for a completely fried hard drive with nothing being able to be saved. All my documents, pictures, and anything everything...gone. Oh well, nothing I can do, it is all the Lord's and he had bigger plans than I did. So, oh well.

But it is nice to have a new one back...hard drive that is. Now that I am working with Lauren on her little newsletter, the new Microsoft definitley is a lot nicer with templates for that. By tomorrow she should be done. I am helping her type till we get all the kinks worked out, but she is telling me what she wants to say. It is a lot of fun to sit with her. I enjoy it a lot.

Life has been moving smoothly otherwise. We are officially 29 weeks and moving right along. If she comes when everyone else did then she will be here in about 7 weeks. I can't wait. We have her crib, a new chair and dresser. This weekend we will be pulling out the clothes and seeing what new items we may need.

Mady this past weeekend got a really bad bug. She literally threw up for 24 hours. It was so pititful and awful. To see her so tired and her body hanging and then to get sick...oh my heart was so broken. I am ever so thankful for my husband who really took care of her because to hold her with my belly and contractions was not an easy task. He took over. He is such an amazing man. Now she is just lingering with some diaharrea but is on the mend and I am so thankful to have my little fireball back.

Life is moving fast and time is going...I need to take a minute to just enjoy the moments. I feel sometimes that I get into a rut of thinking only about me and my pitiful self that my servitude is gone. I am thankful that God brings me back to where I need to be and gently reminds me of it.

I pray you all have a blessed week.

2 comments:

New Mom said...

Agh! All your pictures-- gone! A good reminder for me to back up my pictures on something other than my hard drive. I spilled acetone on my computer once. Very powerful stuff; it melted my keys! Well, glad you were able to get the hard drive replaced in quick order.

Elizabeth said...

Such a bummer about the hard drive! This helps to remind me to be careful with our computers. I can easily picture myself in the exact same situation!

I am sorry little Mady has been sick and so glad she is feeling better. I am glad you are doing well. I can't believe you are already 29 weeks along! I am so happy and excited for you all!

Lauren's newsletter is such a fun idea! Love it!

May the Lord bless you all with health, peace and joy these next weeks!

Love you!

Post a Comment

Background