Monday, January 3, 2011

New Year's Resolutions....or Goals


I love the Maxwell Family. I have had them out twice now to our area in Southern Arizona. They offer such practical solutions for organization and keeping life moving, simply. But they also offere encouragement and challenge to Christian families. Many, I know, feel that they are very conservative, but when you see their hearts, the fruit in their children, they are the real deal. No mistaking that. Anyhow, onto my first post of the New Year.
I like having goals. I am driven, goal oriented and keep life organized. But I always seem to fall away at some point and then get frustrated because I am either becoming over selfish and self centered, not focusing on my family, or my children are becoming a little more than I care for because of attitude and hearts. I find that having a schedule really keeps everyone much happier, saner, and the house always looks in order...just in case.
I recently redid my schedule to help me this year. We are doing school year round with breaks in between, but that way they girls are always working. Even in the summer when it is 110, no one wants to go outside, so rather than have them idle...we are keeping busy. This schedule went into effect today...what an amazing transformation in our home. The things that i wanted to do with my little people, like reading, playdough, and switching their activities is so freeing. They love it. We even have planned snack time, instead of raid the pantry at your leisure. It has been wonderful. Now the day isn't done, I know, however, I am really looking forward to the afternoon, as we have a quiet time and a time to work on projects, just the big girls and I.
If you do not have this book, I highly recommend it. It is a lifesaver and well worth the investment. There is so much information that you can glean. Even if you don't use it to the fullest potential, if you just used it for the mornings or afternoons you will be surprised how much more you can accomplish.
Tomorrow I will show you another way I am working towards another goal of mine...saving money on our groceries. Have a blessed day.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Background