Monday, August 3, 2009

How many???

After having Mady life changed...a lot! I am still adjusting to life and God has revealed to me a lot of my own selfishness. Now don't get me wrong, I think that a woman, wife, and mother should and must have time for herself to be able to recoup and just rediscover herself. It is so easy to get lost in the daily grind and miss out on who God created you to be.
Many people I know feel that children are a blessing, and indeed they are, however, I am wondering where in the Bible it is commanded that you have children till you can't anymore? To be honest in my quest I found nothing that states that at all.
So, here I am wondering if I am done, should I be done and scared to death at the moment of another pregnancy. I want to enjoy so much the blessing the Lord has given me, I want to smile and laugh, be joyful and funny. Right now I don't have that. If we add another one I don't know what kind of mother I will be. I don't want to be harried or frumpy, I don't want to be grumpy and too busy to build and nuture relationships. When you wake up in the morning not joyful, then you have to re-evaluate your situation and come up with a solution.
I feel that for me, God didn't give me the multitasking ability when it comes to juggling a large family. I personally, physically and emotionally can only handle so much. What is important to me is to be a good steward with what the Lord has given to me.
Many people have thier convictions and it becomes a problem when you take on other's convictions and they are not your own. I want the Lord to direct me and I want to honor Him and His Word.
I hope this helps anyone else in this situation or even thinking about it. I don have some wonderful scripture and study notes that I can pass on from my wonderful Pastor if anyone is interested just let me know.
God Bless

1 comments:

Pam said...

Katheryn,
Elizabeth is here and is helping me put together a blog, so now I have a blog and can even comment on yours, where as before, I seemed to get stuck when I wanted to comment. I enjoy your blog and enjoyed reading about your start of the school year. We are working on Eddie's school year now and it is good to be inspired by others. I think I understand your life quest, which is to do all that God has called you to do; I know it is very precious in His sight. In my younger years, I learned about obedience, in my older years, I have learned about grace. His grace. It is a good thing to walk in the Peace and Grace of the Lord. One of the best places I have come to in life is the laying down of my own abilities, the shutting out of other peoples opinions and resting in the love and strength of the Lord. Sometimes we take up a heavy load that we think the Lord requires of us, but He said "My yoke is easy and My burden is light."
and also "He will not give us more than we can handle." I encourage you in your journey to keep up the good work, but it is good to lay down the expectations of others and take up only those which we know we must do. God Bless you and your family as you start your school year.

God Bless, Pam

Post a Comment

Background