Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Wow!!


Well life is slowly getting back to normal. Nothing like having our routine back in place and finding out how we all fit in. Mady has been great! She sleeps wonderfully, eats well and is truly the cutest little thing. (I know I am bias.)


Today I am making baked goodies to take to my wonderful doctor and the nurses who did such an amazing job taking care of me. It was truly an incredible experience. So how did it start.
Well, Wednesday morning I woke up feeling contractions. They weren't strong and if you know me I am not going to go in till they hurt. So I just kept track. Wanting a nice, easy birth, I cleaned the house. Vacuumed, dusted, finished laundry and baked 2 casseroles. Mmm. Then I called Bret to let him know and off he came home. My wonderful neighbor came over to watch the kids and my mom and mil and fil headed down from Phoenix.
Now my past 2 births were fast! I mean under 50min from start to finish, so I was a little anxious. We got there and I was at 2cm, they had me walk for an hour and I progressed to 3cm. I have never been that slow! So they set me up in a room where we walked and waited, all night long. Finally the next morning around 8am my doctor came in and asked if I would like an epidural or my water broken, I got both, I was so relaxed and it was so wonderful. By 8:30am everything was done and I was resting peacefully. My mom and the kids came down along with my mil and fil and they were there as well.
2 hours later there she was. I got to pull her out, there was an incredible knot in the umbilical cord and she got cleaned up and we got cleaned up as well. They did a great job and my doctor and nurses all deserve the credit. It was fantastic, just what I prayed for.
So there is her story in a nutshell. I am off to make lunch and enjoy the afternoon with the kids.
God bless.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Background