Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Pregnancy Truths!!

Okay, since I am nearing the end of my pregnancy, everyone always just glows about pregnancy. I love being pregnant, most of all I love babies and watching them grow. I just love everything, however, there are some truths that must be exposed because pregnancy is hard. I don't think it was this hard with my first and to be honest this was my first really difficult pregnancy. I am not quite sure, but what I hear, there is always one. So here are some of my woes:
1.) Pregnancy induced carpal tunnel syndrome. From my elbows to my fingertips are shooting with pain and they are always asleep. I have to wear braces at night and there is absolutely nothing you can do about it. (try putting on makeup or doing your hair).

2.) Hemroids... they are ugly, they aren't comfortable, but they are there.

3.) This pregnancy hasn't been my healthiest, not quite sure why, but it hasn't. I guess I am entitled to one of them.

4.) This is the first pregnancy I needed caffeine to keep me going through the day. Whether it be tea, diet coke, or a coffee.

5.) I am not a cute pregnant lady, I retain water like the Hoover Dam, seriously. So I am puffy all over and I haven't seen my ankle bones in weeks.

6.) Snoring, can't explain this one, but it is like the back of my throat closes up at night. I have a humidifier, saline nasal spray and my head propped up. I just feel bad for Bret.

7.) I am not joyful right now.

8.) I can't walk for very long or stand because then I can't see my toes or any other extremity on the lower half of my body.

And I think for now that is about it. I love my kids and if God blesses me with more, we will be so excited!! But I just think sometimes things need to spoken about, kind of like menopause, how are we going to know what to expect if it isn't discussed. So there you have it. Honesty!

Enjoy your evening! God bless.

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Thanks for sharing Katheryn! :)

I have to say though that you are very adorable pregnant! I know that you retain that water, but seriously, you have always looked so beautiful and feminine! You have inspired me in having babies and I love how you continue to look AMAZING after almost 5 BABIES!

Thanks for sharing and I can't wait to see some pictures of the newest one! :)

P.S. I hope you feel better soon!

Marie said...

Thanks for sharing Katheryn. I do understand a bit. I agree with Elizabeth, you are so cute when you are pregnant and beautiful when your not. I feel the same way so I understand, but what you feel isn't what others see. I haven't retained water like you. I can imagine that it gets old. I do understand the waddling and walking part. I get tired to get up and to walk far long periods of time. Thanks for sharing with us. I think its so important to discuss them like you have. A lot a woman, even myself didn't know what was involved while pregnant. Love you
Marie

Post a Comment

Background