Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Good Morning!!!

Wow! It is amazing how fast time flies... We are here and everyone is doing well. As of the moment I have a 2 year old sleeping, a almost 2 week old sleeping, the 6 year old is sick and I am making her sleep and the 4 year old is playing and the 9 year old is off at his dad's. So here I am with just a few moments and I wanted to share something that I read yesterday. It really hit home with me and I thought it would be nice to share.

How to Conquer the Fear of Rejection
Fear of rejection is one of Satan't greatest tools to get believers to surrender standard and embrace his lies.
1.) Don't love people praise. The Pharisees "loved the praise of men more than the praise of God" (John 12:43) What a tragedy!
2.) Stop comparing yourself
There are those who find people who are smarter, more attractive or more talented, but those who compare themselves to others are not wise. (2 Cor. 10:12)
3.) Accept unchangeables
If you do not accept yourself as God designed you, why woudl you expect others to accept you?
4.) Greet all enthusiastically
If you meet people with a frown or no warm smile, they will assume you reject them, and they will reject you.
5.) Give valuable gifts
"Ever mna is a friend to him that gives gifts" (Prov. 19:6), so what do you have of value to give to others:
*A sincere word of praise
*A note of encouragement
*A verbal blessing
*Recognize anniversaries
*Comfort those grieving
*Share God's Good News
*And so much more....
Remember the goal isn't to get people to like you but to let God love them through you so that they will fall in love with Him.
(iblp.org)
When I read this I was greatly encouraged and my heart was so opened as to remembering how important this is for all of us. Whether we have a problem with fear of rejection or not, we are all called to love God and share Him with others. This was a great reminder.
Have a blessed day!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Background