Monday, May 18, 2009

Wild Adventures

So, life has been good. This week and weekend travelled so fast! School is finally wrapped up for one and the other is just doing little bits to finish up and hopefully will finish in the next week or so. Then on to summer schedules and summer school and hopefully the arrival of our sweet blessing Madeline Joy.
So Friday I drop Hunter off with his dad so they can spend the weekend together and a crazy, random thought crosses my mind....how about a drive to San Diego for the day Saturday so the girls can play on the beach. Well, believe it or not, Bret totally went for it!
Friday we prepared and planned and packed up the van, then we got up Saturday morning at 3am! I know that in itself is crazy. Danielle fell back to sleep, Emma fell back to sleep, but Lauren was wide eyed with excitement, no one had any idea where we were going. Just that we had to get up early to go to breakfast.
The drive there wasn't too bad, 6 hours and we had breakfast at Kono's right on the beach. After that, headed over to Coronado Island and played at Hotel Del and had some ice cream. We saw some great sea shells, lots of hermit crabs and sea urchins in a tide pool. Danielle could care less and really didn't like the sand on her feet. :) We cleaned up, got small scoops of ice cream and ehaded out for lunch at Point Loma Seafoods. It was delicious!
After all of our excitement we headed home, it took a bit longer to get home and I can't tell you why, but oh well. The girls did great with movies and Danielle, not a peep out of her at all. She was incredible and happy. I couldn't believe it.
We got home around 9pm and got quick baths and dove into bed. Of course the girls were up early yesterday and we went to the later service at church because mom was moving a little slow. I then had a dear friend give me a quaint shower that I truly enjoyed in the afternoon and the girls came with me. It was such a blessing and I will post more on that later today. It was such an amazing experience, I think mainly because of where I have been and how God has opened the eyes of my heart.
So today it is off to a doctor's appointment along with an ultrasound, come home, get Hunter and head off to swim. And I hope in between to finish working on my lesson plans for next school year and ordering some new reading books.
I hope that everyone has a blessed day resting in the Lord! It truly is an amazing day!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Background