Monday, May 25, 2009

Grocery Idea

I had a really neat idea to help me keep myself a little more organized and I thought I would share it with you. I know that having a large family may vary from a smaller one, but you know what... any size family can strive to be organized.
I like the little things in life that make life easier and faster, even if in the beginning it may take some time. So this is my grocery idea to help anyone out who would like it.
I started a Master Grocery List, because we really only go to Costco, that is where my list is generated for. So what I did this weekend was write out my menu, then put on the list the ingredients that I need for my menu, along with that some other staple items. I walked through Costco picking up my items and then writing the price next to it.
I put it onto a Word Document so that way I can just print it out and I already have the price, that way Costco isn't a surprise. I can always have a pretty good idea as to how much the bill will be.
This is a little sample of what it looks like:
Apples (Cameo) $3.98 _______
Bananas $1.29 ________
Baby Wipes $15.49 _______
Strawberries $5.99 ________
So the list goes on. If you are really organized, which my husband thinks would be great would be to have the aisle number on there as well and organized by aisle number. But hey, I figured this is as good as it is going to get for us. :)
I hope this gives you a good idea to help your family maximize their resources and be a good steward with what the Lord has given you.
God Bless!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Background