Thursday, December 23, 2010

Christmas...wow!!

I can't believe how quickly Christmas came this year. As always, I am ill prepared and sometimes frantically running about with the other people who said to themselves last year, I will take care of gifts in November. Oh well, again, maybe next year. So here I am, the van half loaded as we are heading to my mom's for one night. The girls will open their gifts from Nana tomorrow morning and by tomorrow afternoon, we are heading back home to have a nice quiet evening of family time. Of course Christmas Day will start early I am sure, but with bacon, eggs, hashbrowns, and french toast, it should be a very nice, quiet day. There will be plenty of gifts to open and hot cocoa with all the fixin's. Oh, and let us not forget about our Christmas dinner, which will be fancy to say the least...filet with ceasar salad and twice baked potatoes, and then some pumpkin pie with whip cream...mmmm.

So with that, we are at the 6 month mark...whew, almost there. I think my biggest struggle is finding clothes. I am not a cute pregnant mama, you know the kind, the thin legs and all basketball belly. NO WAY!! I am the one that it is all hips and butt. I can turn and you would never know which side is which. :) But believe it or not, I am really happy with that this pregnancy, I am just enjoying life. I can't find the time or energy to exercise, but living with stairs, I feel that the amount of time I travel up and down, should count as something. I enjoy my Ghiradelli's mint chocolate a little more, and really at the end of the day, when I prop myself up in my bed with my Bible, I really relish that time. Bret has been the best with it all and really helps out getting everyone off to bed so I can rest and even a few times I have found the bed undone with my pillows and heating pad ready to go. It means a lot to me.

Well, I pray that everyone will have a blessed Merry Christmas. Take a minute out of the chaos and look at your little ones in the eyes and smile and tell them how much you love them. Hug them, praise them, and smile, it makes a difference. Most of all, tell them that Jesus died for them and pray with them often.

God bless.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Background