Thursday, December 16, 2010

Christmas is coming...

Christmas is my favorite celebration. First off, it is a time I get to reflect on Jesus' birth. It is truly humbling to my soul to think of the whole thing. Second, I get to get the ones I love gifts. I love gifts, not just for myself, but to see the faces of people who receive them. We don't do Santa. We haven't now for 3 years. It has been so freeing because I am not hiding anything, but gifts. But now the girls really know what we are celebrating. Not some man with a white beard in a red suit giving gifts because they are good. But it is a celebration of Jesus, coming to save us.

So this year we are trying to be good with our budget. So first I ordered some of the cutest, matching, things from Land's End. All 4 girls will be outfitted with matching dresses, and shoes...shshshshsh....don't tell. They are also going to get some fun toys, not junk, but really thought out what they need/want toys. I won't go into that boring detail...but my heart literally skips a beat when I think of the fun things for them.

For my hubby...ooops, can't tell because he reads my blog. :) Sorry honey.

The girls are being creative and making some jewlery for the grandma's, I am making aprons for all the girls for Christmas for our new schedule and chore sheet for next year, and hopefully squeezing in a few outfits too. I got a serger, so that will be delivered shortly and I am really excited to be able to really make things look nice on the inside and outside. :)

One thing I will say, this is something the Lord is really working on me.... I was reading in Isaiah 31:1 this morning a small part that says they trust in themselves and not Me (me being the Lord). I have a hard time of wanting to do things for myself, nothing great, like a weekend away, just sewing, cleaning, organizing, or even just sitting and reading my Bible. So when that time gets interrupted I look at it like an inconvenience and burden instead of an opportunity to serve. The days that I serve and put aside my own selfish ambitions are the days that I am most joyous. I am resting in the Lord's peace, doing what He has called me to do, be a mama first.

So with that said, I pray that we will all put aside our selfish ambitions and truly serve the Lord in peace doing what we were called to do...be mama's.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Background