Friday, January 22, 2010

Pictures from Christ Led Family

As I said before I really admire the Maxwell family and all their sacrifices they have made for their family. It was truly an amazing experience to hear them speak again. After the Saturday sessions we took the Maxwell family out to Sweet Tomato's. Luckily for us, it was one of their favorite places to eat.

Mrs. Maxwell and I with Mady.
Bret and I helping with packing up. He just makes me laugh, I feel so blessed to have such an amazing man in my life.

One of the sessions was for the younger children learning to make balloon animals for evangelism. We bought 2 packs of balloons and 3 pumps. Needless to say, I have balloons everywhere.

I realize how important it is to stay encouraged, but most importantly how much my life depends on my Jesus. My precious quiet time with him in planning, discipline, training, and everyday walk. It isn't the easy road that we took, but one of struggles. This family has been through it all and shares openly of the how and why's of their decision. I really appreciate that. I am not perfect and I don't desire to see perfection, I want to see reality and transparency. You get that with this family.

You can visit their site at http://www.titus2.com/ for more info on their books and CD's. You will not be disappointed.

On a side note, Sunday evening I fainted and hit my head on the door frame of our bathroom. I was taken by ambulance to the ER where I was found to be just fine. I opted for butterfly sutures instead of stitches, because having 5 kids is easier than having a wound cleaned out. Being the big wimp that I am. :)

Life has been good as we rearrange our furniture, again, because life isn't exciting enough. I have taken to making our own bread, rolls and bagels, and they have been a huge hit. I will post the recipes here in the next couple of days.

It is cold and rainy for a first in a long time and I pray it won't be the last till spring. But who knows. I do know that I am enjoying each precious moment of winter because it ends way too fast.

I pray you all have a precious weekend. I will post again real soon.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Background