Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Burdens

I believe what the Bible says, that God's commands are not burdensome. When we feel led to do something and it becomes a heavy burden, or there is no joy in it,then I don't believe I was called to do it. I understand that there are certain things in life that we need to learn to deal with. For me that is my perfection and not being very flexible. I love a clean house, but now with a rampant 2 year old who truly is somedays more than I can handle, I don't get that too often. I have little messes and sometime giant messes in every single room in the house!! So, for me I understand that I need to learn meekness, patience, and flexibility.

I am learning so much and feel that I have placed many burdens on myself that the Lord Himself did not place there. For me I tend to be insecure. In many areas. Being a great Christian for example. Looking at someone who looks godly makes me question my own godliness. Shame on me for not accepting God's grace as being sufficient. My own personal style and likes/dislikes can truly be something that helps someone else see Christ in my life.

There are so many people in my circle who are all different. Different convictions, different ideals, and such. That is what makes them great. It is my own fault if I feel pressured to do something just because someone else does. I need to get down on my knees and really pray earnestly to find God's will.

Today and lately I feel lost and alone. Trying to figure out where I am, I lost myself amidst all my girls. That is easy to do. I believe I am allowed to be a vibrant, crazy, athletic woman, and now if I can get those other burdens that I have allowed to fall off and see the woman that the Lord made me to be. And to accept them. I think I will find her. I am working on it. :)

Have a blessed day.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Background