Saturday, June 12, 2010

Way too long...

Well, life is full of many surprises. Especially when you are serving an Awesome God! I never know the full plan of my life, but I know that I am a servant for the Lord first and foremost. And when the chaos of life throws itself at me, well, I know where I stand...most days.

It seems that Hunter has gone to live with his dad for the summer on a trial period. The joy that has filled our home has been immense. For those that aren't divorced or in a situation of shared parenting, it is hard to understand this decision. Hunter, it seems has a syndrome..."the grass is greener". So we let him experience with a little net of security. He may choose to be there permanently, but I am at peace with where the Lord has taken this situation.

Another bend in the road has been that we have to short sell our home. It wasn't planned at all, but with a loss in some income for my husband, it seems to be our only option. We knew when we purchased this home that we should rent, but rather than listen, we are now eating our consequences. :) But the Lord has been good and it was on the market for less than 2 days there was a offer. A wonderful family with three boys. Our backyard will be perfect for them.

We will look for an option to rent only and hopefully something a lot less than our mortgage and start paying down our debt. That is our number one priority. If we really buckle down we can do it in 2 years!! I am so excited.

Along with this move, we may put the internet back in the home. Not quite for sure, but maybe on my phone. :)

The kids are doing great and Mady's first birthday was yesterday! I cannot believe it. She is a miracle and I am so thankful for the Lord's blessing our family.

So here we are, the short version. Perhaps later I will write more in detail.

2 comments:

Marie said...

Its so nice to get a surprise post from you dear Katherine! I am so amazed at Mady's first birthday already. It is so hard to believe that it is a year. I will be praying that Hunter will outgrow that stage you spoke of. You guys are such amazing parents and your dedication is so beautiful.

In Christ
~ Marie

Elizabeth said...

I agree with Marie! and how delighted I was to read your comment :)

You guys are on an exciting journey. I will be keeping you in our prayers. I loved what you said in your post and I praise the Lord for what He is doing in your life knowing His way is best. Kiss all your sweet precious little ones for me :)

Much love Katheryn

Post a Comment

Background